Friday, March 13, 2009
your favourite song, ever
I think we are all too tired/ lazy to write full posts. Yes? No?
Over the holidays, you can respond to zeradufagas woteva's questions. (Sorry, can't remember the mysterious nick you have come up with, JIE WI?)
Or, you can post your favourite song(s) on the blog. I am too lazy/ incompetent to search on youtube and upload videos, so I am going to copy and paste lyrics. People with more IT skills than I do can post youtube videos/ mp3s.
This song captures how I feel about life a lot of the time, because we live in such a fast-paced, ever-changing society:
"Oh, What A World"
By Rufus Wainwright
Men reading fashion magazines
Oh what a world
It seems we live in
Straight man
Oh what a world
We live in
Why am I always on a plane or a fast train
Oh what a world my parents gave me
Always
Travelin' but not in love
Still I think I'm doin' fine
Wouldn't it be a lovely headline
Life is
Beautiful on a New York Times
*repeat lyrics
Oh what a world
We live in
Why am I always on a plane or a fast train
Oh what a world my parents gave me
Always
Travelin' but not in love
Still I think I'm doin' fine
Wouldn't it be a lovely headline
Life is
Beautiful
At least the song ends on a hopeful note. :) Another song that never fails to pick me up on a bad day is:
"Waltz (Better Than Fine)"
By Fiona Apple
If you don't have a song
To sing you're okay
You know how to get along
Humming
Hmmm
If you don't have a date
Celebrate
Go out and sit on the lawn
And do nothing
'Cause it's just what you must do
Nobody does it anymore
No I don't believe in the wasting of time,
But I don't believe that I'm wasting mine
If you don't have a point to make
Don't sweat it
You'll make a sharp one being so kind
And I'd sure appreciate it
Everyone else's goal's to get big headed
Why should I follow that beat being that I'm
Better than fine
My third favourite song in the world is "I Feel Just Like a Child" by American indie singer Devendra Banhart. It plays in my head a lot of the time, maybe because I often wish I were a kid again. :P
And, if you are in need of a good laugh, I strongly encourage you to watch this youtube video:
Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body," totally massacred by a Korean guy.
Music lovers, post!!! And Happy Birthday March babies! We will celebrate your birthdays very soon.
:)
Miss Ruby